Thursday, June 9, 2016

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that today would be different.
I didn't know that someone I had once met would be gone forever.
I didn't know that one of my friends would be hurt.
mentally, physically, and spiritually. 
Little did I know that I would be so affected.
I keep hoping for her to open her eyes and walk.
But she'll never talk, she'll never smile. 
All of that is gone. 
She spent her short life using it up as much as she could.
I just wish she could use it up more.

As I joyfully made myself an ice cream cone after dance, I noticed something off about Ruby. She was quiet and sitting alone. When my mom asked her what was wrong, she started to cry. Finally, she spit out the words, "Sofia Vasquez died." 

At first, I didn't know who that was. Then Ruby reminded me that her sister, Tilly, is my age. Tilly and I have been friends for a while. We don't talk much, but at that very moment, all I could think of was Tilly. How hurt she is. What she's going through. 

A few months ago, I lost a friend. It has been really hard to deal with. But loosing a sister is beyond comprehension. I can't even begin to know what Tilly is going through. All I can do for her is show my love and try to help her in any way possible. 

I know that this is all temporary. That one day, we'll see our families again. But on earth, for the people left behind, it's just agonizing pain. We have to deal with losses and not knowing the future. 

But in the end, it will all work out.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad for the Vasquez family. My heart breaks. Take good care of Tilly, Araceli. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard when someone leaves us, even if we know it is temporary. That absence will probably always be felt to a degree, but with the Atonement, we can find peace and become whole again. You're an amazing friend and I know you'll help Tilly as much as you can ~Golda

    ReplyDelete