Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Christmas was great this year! Spending time with my family was so much fun. But this year was different. This year was the first year that Golda wasn't with us. When we all woke up and went to sit on the stairs to wait and see what Santa brought us, Golda wasn't there.  She wasn't there when we all went to our grandparent's for presents and games. She wasn't there to see the new baby that was born yesterday.

This year wasn't different for just us though. The Shupes were missing someone. The only difference is Golda is coming back. Dalyn isn't. Dalyn was a grade ahead of me. Last January 10th, he passed away. The Shupes didn't know that last Christmas would be Dalyn's last one. In memory of Dalyn, a group of us are asking people to wear red or blue on January 10th. It would mean a lot to us if you joined in and spread the word.

I am so thankful that Golda will be coming home in a short year. I miss her, but I know that she is doing the right thing. Talking to her every Sunday evening is the best part of my week. Can't wait to see her again!


No comments:

Post a Comment